Everything just broke.

After moving my libintl around to get gmc to compile, everything else
stopped working. This is to be expected, since they where mostly linked
against my old libintl, so I recompiled, everything from gnome-libs forward.
No luck. The most important is the panel, which gives does the following:

I run it. All's fine. Then I try, say, starting a program from the main
menu. It doesn't do it, and dumps the following:

** ERROR **: sigsegv caught
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0xb38)!

After that, if I try to do anything to it (i.e. click on the main menu) I
get the following:

** ERROR **: BadFont (invalid Font parameter)

** ERROR **: BadCursor (invalid Cursor parameter)

** WARNING **: GdkWindow 0x3000007 unexpectedly destroyed

** ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

And generally speaking, everything dies a horrible death.

My system is an i586/Linux w/ gcc 2.8.1 and libc 5.something.

-- Stephanos Piperoglou -- sp249@cam.ac.uk -------------------
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of `true'.
                         - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
------------------------- http://www.thor.cam.ac.uk/~sp249/ --