Re: gnome on FreeBSD [procfs]...

On 18 May 1998, Martin Baulig wrote:

>   Currently the following <system>s are supported (I'll port the library
>   to those systems myself):
>
>   # linux:	Linux			- Uses the /proc filesystem

Does it already work on Linux? If so, we might as well start using it for
Gnome apps that get this kind of information... they are Linux-specific
right now.

> Well, I just began with this project some weeks ago, so it still may be
> buggy, documentation is not yet written, interfaces may change ..., but
> I always like to have some feedback about it.

It looks great; as soon as it works on at least Linux and is permitted to
be a Gnome requirement I'd love to use it for guname. guname is
simultaneously an "About" dialog for Gnome with the Gnome logo, and a
technical support tool - when helping out a novice user over the phone or
whatever, you can have them pull up "guname" and read off information
about the system, or maybe even save/mail a system description. So if it
can suck in all this information from libgtop it will be great.

Havoc