Re: GNOME & SANE

>> Sounds like a good idea.  I suspect there won't be any major
>> changes to the gtk frontends in the SANE distribution over the next
>> couple of weeks & months.  So it's OK to put them under GNOME CVS
>> and hack on them there.  I'll keep the existing code for the time
>> being in the SANE distribution and when we feel the GNOMEified
>> versions are stable enough, we can start to unbundle the existing
>> gtk frontends from the SANE distribution.

Craig> OK (miguel I assume), how do I do this?  I have a tarball of
Craig> the source now what do I do?

I don't know the situation with the main SANE distribution.  Assuming
that you'll be working on a Gnome front end in the Gnome cvs tree, but
development of SANE will also continue elsewhere, you should "cvs
import" the main SANE libraries into the Gnome tree, and then write
your Gtk/Gnome-ification on top of that.

This is the best plan because then you can subsequently "cvs import"
future releases of SANE and have cvs handle your changes in a highly
automated way.  This makes merging as easy as possible -- you just
have to resolve conflicts and test.

I can send detailed instructions on how to use "cvs import" if you
don't already know.  It is easy.

If primary SANE development is going to happen in the Gnome tree, then
"cvs import" is overkill (but will still work).

Tom