Re: Problems Compiling gnome-objc

On Fri, May 15, 1998 at 10:29:05AM -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Fri, 15 May 1998, Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:
>
> > gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1obj got fatal signal 6
>
> Upgrade your compiler. I use egcs 1.0.2 - I'm guessing anything newer than
> what you're using will help ;-)

I get the same error: cc1obj fatal error 6
I'm using gcc version 2.8.1
I was under the impression that this should work. (The docs only mention
greater than or equal to 2.8.0...)

I'm unfamiliar with egcs or pgcc, however I have seen messages like:
"I'm unable to debug that because I can't get <blank> to compile with
egcs"
or
"I can't compile this kernel with egcs"
or
"This kernel doesn't boot when compiled with egcs"

Now, I realize that people aren't going to post on lists saying,
"Everything worked fine under egcs." or anything similar, but I'm
just being cautious.

Ciao!