(no debugging symbols found)...
0x833f758 in cgetcap ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x833f758 in cgetcap ()
#1  0x83403ce in cgetstr ()
#2  0x831a375 in tgetstr ()
#3  0x619cc in my_tgetstr ()
#4  0x61a5c in SLtt_tgetstr ()
#5  0x30387 in init_colors ()
#6  0x13879 in main ()
(gdb)

cgetcap is a stdlib.h function, about which I know nothing...

This is a FreeBSD 2.2.2 box.  I've tried compiling with and without the
included SLang library in mc-4.1.33... but I don't think that that makes
a difference...

This is especially frustrating because gmc is the program I've been waiting
for many weeks to run...

Any help?

...jsled