Re: panel problems

On Thu, 14 May, 1998 at 12:29:12AM -0700, George set free these words:
> > One last problem:  If I don't log out of the panel before I exit X Windows,
> > the panel won't kill the applets that are running.  I'm constantly logging
> > back in to find the CPU is maxed out.  Even having one applet running with no
> > panel to display itself in is enough to get it to take over the CPU's idle
> > time.  Killing the excess applets is enough to make my system happy again.
>
> this one seems to be a problem with gtk but I'm not sure ... the applets
> should get a sigpipe .... but gtk will try to clean up and most likely mess
> up ... this might also be a problem with plugsocket code

This could be a gtk+ problem... I've started noticing that on occassion gtt
or other gtk+ apps I have running will exhibit the same behaviour (not
quiting when I logout of X and then log back in later.  And Maxing out the CPU
when that happens)  This may have been happening for a while and I just wasn't
noticing because I only started logging out/logging in with frequency when I
started playing with the panel.

-Toshio
--
badger  \"The Difference between today and yesterday is not so much what has
@prtr-13 \ changed between then and now as what I hope to change by tomorrow."