panel problems

I've run across a few more inconsistencies with the panel I downloaded
this morning seemingly having something to do with the autohide code:

If I set the panel to be displayed along the bottom of the screen and
do autohide, one of two things will happen. A) The panel will revert to
Explicit hide after I close the configuration box and unhide it for the first
time (reopening the configure box shows this.) or B) the panel autohides and
disappears off the face of the earth (well, at least off my desktop.)
I don't think it segFaulted or closed, just silently went away.

After this, I put the panel on the top of my screen where it was living very
happily until I decided that I no longer wnated it to AutoHide.  I set the
config to Explicit Hide and everything was fine until I put a heavy load on my
system and started moving my mouse around.  Every so often, the mouse would
enter and leave the panel and it would suddenly decide that it wanted to
revert to AutoHide rather than Explicit Hide.  Oh well.

One last problem:  If I don't log out of the panel before I exit X Windows,
the panel won't kill the applets that are running.  I'm constantly logging
back in to find the CPU is maxed out.  Even having one applet running with no
panel to display itself in is enough to get it to take over the CPU's idle
time.  Killing the excess applets is enough to make my system happy again.

Well, off to play with my desktop layout some more,

-Toshio
--
badger  \"The Difference between today and yesterday is not so much what has
@prtr-13 \ changed between then and now as what I hope to change by tomorrow."

PGP signature