Re: Safe to touch:

Quoting JONATHAN BAYLES (JONATHAN.BAYLES@spcorp.com):
> Hello Gnome list. I am a new Linux user. I know enough to install linux, do
> basic administration, navigate through the filesystem, and use the simpler
> applications. I do not yet have a strong handle on programming. The machine I
> was thinking of installing gnome on to is a fairly strong intel box that I use
> for fun (so I'm not concerned if I have to re-image the drive so much). Is gnome
> still in the "look but don't touch" stage for users like me? Is it too technical
> at this stage?

I don't think it's too technical .... install the rhad labs rpms and
look ...  it's at the "look and touch but expect it to break" stage ...
most stuff seems to work and should be usable .... but there are still a
lot of bugs and unimplemented features ... while some apps are rock
stable, some are quite unstable or not working at all ... the rpms will
only install those that actually compile ... :)

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: