Virtual Folders (re: syncing desktops)

Does MC have virtual folders?  Ideally what I'd like is just a special
MC folder where the user can drag files he wants to sync.  (If it
doesn't exist, then this would be a good thing to add to MC.  There
are plenty of uses for persistent virtual folders.  E.g.: control
panel, output of `find', recently used documents area, etc.)

Yes, MC/GNOME should support this, and it should do this by using CORBA.
Imagine the possibilities of File/Object & Folder/Container objects
supported by the FileManager (windoze does it, OS/2 does it right) - you
could have a folder with your
customers, your products, your <what-ever-you-want>. e.g. a find on that
folders would
pop up with Name, Adress etc - this seems to me the right way to integrate
applications seemless into the desktop.

Thomas Veith

p.s.: I'm very sorry if this mail contains binary trash (in office i have
to use ms outlook and i'm not quite sure if i have configured it well).