Re: syncing desktops

> My brother-in-law told me that the one application he'd really like to
> see on a desktop is a way to synchronize his laptop with some other
> machine.

mc has a `compare directories' feature, that tags the files that are
different in two panels.  This would work by just selecting in one
panel the laptop and the set the other panel to desktop directory.

(The panel directory can just be a vfs that talks whatever protocol
windows talks to get access to the windows files).

And then copy from the right panel to the other.

> Somebody want to give me a clue?
>
> - Do you have to explicitly mark the files you want to sync?
> - Do you have to tell it when to synchronize?  Or does it try to be
>   smart somehow?

I definetly want to know if they do anything smarted than comparing
directories.  If they only compare directories, we could stick a
.desktop file that would represent `sync laptop' and would basically
would be a shortcut to setup the panels properly and do the proper
comparission method.

Miguel.