Re: Gnomeified Fvwm2

On Mon, 11 May 1998, Kenneth R. Kinder wrote:

> Can an RC file keep tract of gnome apps?  I think ideally, a gnome wm
> would use a directory-like gnome structure, like the panel's menu...

The way i'm keeping track of this currently is manually, however, i've
working on some code that will check your system every time you start
GNOME for new applications/gnome-apps, etc.  It will then store that in a
database of some sort to be checked against later.  This is all very
tentative right now, as I'm working on getting the basics down/done first.

> I'd like to help on the project, although I'm afraid to admit I know very
> little about window managers and only edited my fvwm2rc four or five times
> (besides normal program adding).

Feel free to email me directly, and we can brainstorm about some possible
paths we can take.

> HTML and SGML well...  Could I help you with a graphical configuration
> program, documentation, or something like that?

That would be excellent, again, mail me :)

> BTW, what's its web page?

Working on it. Should be up before the end of this week if i'm not too
busy.

---Clarence