Re: Suggestion: Changing mouse pointers

> I also vote for this configurability. I want to use 'left_ptr' and
> 'right_ptr' instead of the current pointers (they look very ugly to
> me, the angle of the arrows is not very good).

  I agree on that left_ptr looks definately best. It would indeed be
very nice if there was an option to change the pointer to one of the
different X pointers, like left_ptr etc.

  But it would also be nice to be able to change to any user defined
pointer made up of a bitmap (with a mask to go with it). With a little
preview picture of the pointers you could just click away and choose
whichever you like the best! And then that pointer would be used in all
the gnome apps including the panel of course, and the in the root
window preferably.

If not everyone thinks that it's sane to change the pointer of the root
window, well then make it an option that the root pointer remains
unchanged!

<advertisment>
 A simple click would then allow for a much more consistent looking
desktop, and would make Gnome look even better than it does so far!!
</advertisment> ;)

Opinions?

Regards,
  Richard