Re: cannot compile gtk-xmhtml in gnome-libs

Chuck> I've had this problem for some time.  This latest time I am
Chuck> using a CVS tree that was just fetched a couple hours ago and
Chuck> the problem still exists.  the xmhtml widget fails to link in
Chuck> the correct libs, and unfortunately the missing symbol is in at
Chuck> least a dozen different libraries around the system.

Chuck> ../gtk-xmhtml/.libs/libgtkxmhtml.so: undefined reference to `uncompress'
Chuck> ../gtk-xmhtml/.libs/libgtkxmhtml.so: undefined reference to `compress'

This generally means you have a losing `libz' in /usr/X11/lib.
Remove or rename it and try again.

This is a FAQ.

Tom