Re: gmake

On 10 May 1998, Sascha Ziemann wrote:

> "Ben 'The Con Man' Kahn" <xkahn@cybersites.com> writes:
>
> | 	Does anyone have any plans for a gnome compile environment?  I can
> | imagine a graphical version of make...  At minimum, it could run make -n
> | on the file, collect output, and then run a real make and give a graphical
> | display of what is happening.  :^)

> what's wrong with M-x compile?

	Nothing!  In fact, that's what I use now.  However, many newbies
don't like using EMACS.  I've been looking at the discussion going on
about Linux at BuilderBuzz. (CNET)  Users commenting on Linux have been
having trouble finding, downloading, compiling, and installing software.
A graphical software compiling tool would probably help a lot.  (A tool
which can organize program output, colorize important messages, etc.)

	A dual purpose would make ME happy.  Gnome should have a
development environment.  Although I like to use EMACS and a seperate
testing window, others do not.
						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.