Re: The Mascot + Well Deserved Praise

On Fri, 08 May 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
:> I have to say that I've never run the panel much, but I've been running it
:> non-stop since Wanda the Fish arrived, so you aren't alone. Her three
:> animation frames are strangely fascinating. She really uses very little
:> CPU, and is no trouble at all. My only complaint is that her name should
:> be "gfish." ;-)
:
:I am probably the other wanda user.  I actually like the wanda name,
:otherwise the gnome-less message would not be so cool.
:
:I vote to keep Wanda, or find another name that is at least as catchy
:as this one.

We could make my old, second-rate  high-school English teacher
(who used to love to expound on how non-sensical English spelling is)
happy and call if Ghoti.  That's 'gh' as in 'rough', 'o' as in 'women',
and 'ti' as in 'function'; so it's actually pronounced just like 'fish'.

--
Mark Hamstra
Bentley Systems, Inc.