Re: [gtk-list] Re: Small document on X concepts

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> That would make me really happy :-)

Well, I'd be happy to help...BUT...I don't work on computers 24/7.  Not
only that, but I'm trying to write my own OS to boot.  Not much time to
play with GTK.

> I don't mean it to be a replacement for the Xlib manual or the X
> books, I just want it to be something that people can use to get
> started with Gtk and X.

And that, my friend, would be better than the current GTK documentation in
itself.  GTK's docs, especially GDK, are grossly lacking in content.  If
we (re?)arrange your document correctly, and somehow merge it with what's
currently available, it could become *THE* prototype manuscript for
O'reilly and Associates GTK Programmers Reference Manual.. ;-)

(ok, I'm done day-dreaming now)

But you get the idea... :)

      KC5TJA/6     |                  -| TEAM DOLPHIN |-
        DM13       |                  Samuel A. Falvo II
    QRP-L #1447    |          http://www.dolphin.openprojects.net