Re: Sound Events and The Enlightened Sound Daemon

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Mark Crichton wrote:

> Also, Alan Cox also brought up a decent point that a fast lossless
> compression added to esd would be nice for those who want to pump 44100 Hz
> 16-bit stereo audio down the old pipe... ;)

yup.. all configurably of course, so poor saps on slow old boxes with fast
network cards would rather just blast the bits instead of waiting around
for the cpu to walk over it :)

> it seems to add a nasal hiss to the final mixed output, but that, I think,
> is easily remedied.

poke around the mikmod sources for some fast mixing routines that sound
good.

> And I'd really like to know what this synth app is...sounds interesting.
> ;)

all in good time. (its not my baby, but I'm going to help polish it once
its preparing to walk out the door :))

some of us are also working on a linux tracker, there are a few disjoint
groups that we should smash together and point all in the same direction
:)

-- zach

007 373 5963