Re: Icons on the desktop

>Ok this is good but I don't want to have the filemanager open all the time.
>I only want it open sometimes. That would be like haveing say windows
>explorer opean all the time just so I could see the icons on the desktop. I
>just doen't work well and it seems very unpolished

Uuummm... if you have NT near: press "ctrl+shift+esc", select "Processes"
tab, select "explorer.exe", click "kill process", click "yes". Voila! Your
icons are gone (and the task bar too).
In Windoze, Explorer is always running. With windows or without.

gmc can do the same, one process handles all, but you can have 0 or more
real windows. Please, no "quit" option, only "close this window", if I need
to kill gmc (and lose my icons), I will kill by hand, not by "menu error".

GSR

PS: Select "File->New task", write "explorer" and click "yes". Your desktop
is back.