RE: HELP !!! Trouble with gnome-libs configure

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Ed Davison wrote:

> I tried this and configure still tells me 'cannot find gdk_imlib' yet I
> have
> compiled and installed this library.  It also fails to detect tiff and
> png
> libraries despite their compilation and installation.  (Yes, I ran
> ldconfig
> prior to the configure.)
I had this problem once, you NEED automake 1.3 installed (I have forgotten
where you can get it from) and you need to remove zlib.

This version i have been told uses a different .deps format, so you will
have to do a make distclean on everything.

Hope this helps you