RE: HELP !!! Trouble with gnome-libs configure

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Ed Davison wrote:

I had this same problem last night and got around it by removing the
libwhatever.so link (_not_ the actual lib, the link without any version
number attached) for libtiff and libpng (those were the ones giving me
problems) and recompiling them and installing them.

I looked through config.log to see that all the libraries- libtiff,
libjpeg, libgif, libpng, and gdk_imlib- actually existed, but that
configure couldn't properly compile its test program, which leads
configure to believe that they aren't there.  Your problem libs may not
(read: probably won't) be the same ones I had problems with.