Re: Imlib 1.4 dependency on CVS gtk+

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Sebastian Wilhelmi wrote:

> Hi, Tristan
>
> > However the CVS version of Imlib, tries to access two members of
> > GdkWindowPrivate which do not exist in Gtk 1.0.x.
> > I think this is unacceptable. I don't want to use the CVS gtk (and I should
> > not be forced to).
> > Can a configure check be added to compile Imlib without those bits if it
> > finds a gtk 1.0.x ?
>

> it actually worked for me with gtk+-1.0.1

I had not checked 1.0.1. But if an application uses a GdkWindowPrivate
structure without going through the GDK functions, it may break when
upgrading to 1.0.1... For example if I want to make a copy of a
GdkWindowPrivate returned by a GDK function for my own use, and I malloc a
sizeof(GdkWindowPrivate)...

Tristan
--
Tristan Tarrant                                 ttarrant@suntlc.etnoteam.it