Re: ICQ for Gnome

On 5/4/98 2:44 PM Will LaShell wlashell@cland.net said:

>There is a guy already working on a program called
>Comlink in the gnome-network module in cvs. From
>what I understand its a personal communication program
>that supports multiple protocols, such as ntalk, and the
>icq protocol. Check it out, he might be interested in
>having some help. *smile*

I looked at this, and it seems to be in a pre-anything kind of stage.  It
would probably be faster to port xicq to gnome/gtk+ than to work on
Comlink.  Not to disparage Comlink, it's just that not much has been done
on it.  I've also come across a gtkicq program which could be made into a
gnome app much quicker.  Anyway, I'll get with one of these authors and
see if I can get something they have already done moved into gnomeland.

It all may be moot anyway.  If Mirabilis drops the current protocol in
favor of their newer one, which isn't understood, no one will get
anywhere with any project.

Cheers,
Kevin

--