Re: Failed assertion compiling panel

On Sat, 2 May 1998, Lyndon Drake wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I tried compiling gnome-core, I got the following message:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/gnome-core/panel'
> idl --name gnome-panel ./gnome-panel.idl
> address.cc:432: assertion failed
> make[2]: *** [gnome-panel.cc] IOT trap/Abort (core dumped)
>
> What could cause this?
>
> Thanks,
> Lyndon

I had this problem...
Your networking is not set up correctly, most likely in /etc/hosts. You
need to edit /etc/hosts.tem and reconnect to your ISP to update
/etc/hosts. This is what my hosts.tem file looks like:

# /etc/hosts.tem
#
# Add any hosts in here that you wish.  Changes will be placed in
# /etc/hosts next time you connect or disconnect.
#
127.0.0.1               localhost hal

HTH, HAND.
 -Zaph

"The C Programming Language -- A language which combines the
flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language."