Re: autostuff.HOWTO

John> Write a acconfig.h file containing the following two definitions
John> for PACKAGE and VERSION.  It seems like there should be an easy
John> way to pick this up from the AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE macro, but I
John> haven't figured out what it is yet.

John> #define PACKAGE "stripchart"
John> #define VERSION "1.4"

Instead of this, just put:

	#undef PACKAGE
	#undef VERSION

into acconfig.h.  The correct values will be put into config.h by
configure.

I agree that you shouldn't have to put anything into acconfig.h for
this.  However, making this work requires an extension to autoconf.

I've heard rumors that there is another new autoconf maintainer.  This
feature is on my list of things to ask him to implement.

Tom