imlib configure.in problems

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but here goes.

I got imlib off the cvs repository, but it won't configure correctly.
Following the instructions in HACKING, I ran aclocal, automake --add-missing,
and autoconf.  However, when I run ./configure, the script barfs at line 1343:
`AM_PATH_GTK(0.99.6, '

This line exists in configure.in as well:

AC_PROG_CC

AM_PATH_GTK(0.99.6,
  GDK_IMLIB="gdk_imlib utils",
  GDK_IMLIB=""
  AC_MSG_WARN([*** gdk_imlib will not be built ***]))

Is there a problem with the file, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Lyndon