Re: a few notes on gncal

Erik> I haven't had a look at GNU localization/nationalisation but
Erik> something simmilar is crucial. Some one told me that the Amiga,
Erik> really made use of localization, everyone could start a
Erik> translation of a program by themselves, that resulted in several
Erik> programs being translated.

Gnome is already using GNU gettext.  And translations are already
appearing.  I count 5 languages right now: German, Spanish, Italian,
French, and Korean.

E.g., try "LANG=it mouse-properties".

Some translations seem to be more complete than others.  None seems to
be really complete.

Translation is largely independent of development.  You don't really
need any knowledge of C or programming.  This is a great way for
non-programmers to contribute to the project...

Tom