Re: a few notes on gncal

Two things first about keybindings:
- A default must be set (so Gnome can be used just after installation).
- But a way to configure is a must, so you can use a personal, Emacs, Mac,
Amiga, Windoze ... set of keybindings (so hackers: start coding with this in
mind, or you will have to do it later).

>Speaking of this, most PC keyboards these days also have those 3
>useless win95 keys. Can we say more accellerators! Mac's also have
>3 accelerators (command, control and option). I have also seen some
>Paynix keyboards that have special keys, or ones with special names.

Dunno how Mac and Paynix keyboards work... but the Windoze keys, IMO, are
just "soldered wires" to two keys. Winlogo is Ctrl-Esc and Menu is
Shift-F10. So I think this two (three) keys are stupid, and useless. They
will cause problems, IMHO. I have tested the combos in normal and windoze
keyboards, in both work, dunno if they use different key codes that windoze
reads, or there is no new keycodes (so keyboard generates fake key presses
and windoze detects the combo).

Anybody knows where to get old keyboards? They have big space key, you can
play Quake without hitting a wrong key... :] Free Hardware Foundation (a
place to find good hardware without mad trends)?

GSR

--
  <famrom@ran.es> or <gsromero@euitt.upm.es>   /      /----\
 http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4774/  |     | O  O |