Re: a few notes on gncal

Maciej> Whatever the text may be, I think any menu item or button that
Maciej> results in a dialog box being launched should end in
Maciej> `...'. This is a well-established convention across many GUIs
Maciej> and serves a useful purpose, namely to warn the user when
Maciej> selecting an option will require further interaction.

Actually, on Windows the rule is that "..." is used if further
information (their word) is required from the user.

So on Windows, presumably, the About item wouldn't have the ellipsis.

I have to admit I like this rule, and not the "..."-means-new-window
rule.

Tom