Re: a few notes on gncal

Forgot to send this to the Gnome list before:

seltenm@ehv.tass.philips.com writes:
>Tom Tromey wrote:
> >
> > We also need a standard for how the "About" item on the Help menu
> > should be phrased.  I suggest "About Appname".  Other choices that
> > I've seen in Gnome apps are "About..." and just "About".  Comments?
>
> Your suggestion sounds fine to me, using "About Appname" enables
> developers to specify (when needed) another type About (for example
> "About Gnome")

Whatever the text may be, I think any menu item or button that results
in a dialog box being launched should end in `...'. This is a
well-established convention across many GUIs and serves a useful
purpose, namely to warn the user when selecting an option will require
further interaction. I think this should be in the style guide.

 - Maciej Syachowiak