Panel exits with IOT trap/Abort

Hello

At least I got everything to compile and install. but when i try to start
panel the following happens:

** ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
IOT trap/Abort

tried also to remove the panelrc from the shared directory, same effect

so  another question. i tried to do some changes to panelrc (cause default
panelrc has same configs with pics that aren't on my System) an
put it as .panelrc to my homedirectory but the panel didn't want to read
it.

Manitu

--
     ___