Re: Document formats

>> Considering the number of posts about compilation problems, how
>> about a compilation-from-the-cvs FAQ? Maybe by someone who
>> succeeded :)

Todd> If one of these mythical people exists and wants to send me a
Todd> blurb, then I'm happy to include it.

I don't have a blurb, but I do know of two common problems.

1. On Linux systems, the panel won't link.  The fix is to build the
   panel (or all of gnome-core) like this:

	make CXXFLAGS=

   This bug is fixed in the cvs repo.

2. On Red Hat 5 systems, links will fail because the wrong -lz is
   found.  One solution is to remove or rename the libz that is in
   /usr/X11/lib.  Another solution is to edit the Makefiles and put
   -L/usr/lib before -L/usr/X11/lib.

   We don't have a permanent fix for this yet.

Tom