Re: a few notes on gncal

Tom Tromey wrote:
> We need a standard abbreviation for "Control", and a standard way to
> write "Control X".  My personal preference is "Ctrl" for the abbrev,
> and "Ctrl-X" to describe the key sequence.  Comments?  Whatever we
> decide should go into the GUI guidelines.

I think this is the most common abbreviation for Control. At least,
I can't remember I've heard another one in my life ;) In other words,
put it in the guidelines...

> We also need a standard for how the "About" item on the Help menu
> should be phrased.  I suggest "About Appname".  Other choices that
> I've seen in Gnome apps are "About..." and just "About".  Comments?

Your suggestion sounds fine to me, using "About Appname" enables
developers to specify (when needed) another type About (for example
"About Gnome")

> Does anybody else find it weird that the standard key for Exit is
> "Ctrl-Q"?

I think that's a personal taste, I would like to assigne the "Alt-F4"
key to it (been using Windoze for far too long). Perhaps a .rc file
should specify all the key assignments. When a user wants a special
action assigned to another key, he can adjust the .rc file.

< Skipped comments on GnCal since I haven't tried it yet... >

Signed,

	Michel