Re: autoconf tutorial?

    Toshio> [...] In other words, I think a good autoconf tutorial is
    Toshio> still a necessity for beginners.  But it should strive to

It might be, but in most projects you can get started by just using
the autoconf manual examples, so I think that beginners are mostly
covered.  (And I was only trying to cover beginners with my old
tutorial.)

I would say, instead, that you are talking about a more intermediate
level, and there I fully agree with you.

    Toshio> Uhm... Yeah.  I kinda want to write such a beast, but I'm
    Toshio> currently the egg in the chicken and the egg problem: I
    Toshio> don't know how to use autoconf, so I cna't run around
    Toshio> writing the tutorial that would let me learn how :)

That's the way I was doing it :-)

    Toshio> P.S. Mark: is texinfo still the way to go?  Or is DocBook
    Toshio> the metaformat for the future? :)

I used TeXinfo until last June when I was introduced to DocBook.  In
my opinion TeXinfo is a close second to DocBook in terms of
content-based markup, and we are trying to write a homeomorphism from
TeXinfo to a subset of DocBook.