Re: Documentation format

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Mark Galassi wrote:

>     Gianluca> developers) so speaking with a debian developer I have a
>     Gianluca> idea: why we don't make the standard for the
>     Gianluca> documentation of all the gnome project the sgml format ?
>
> Gianluca, you are a bit behind on your email (I cannot blame you!): we
> have already decided to use SGML, and in particular DocBook, which
> allows the embedding of man page information.

... as I suppose... I lose a lot of mail.... argh.
Sorry.

> [when you say "the sgml format", you are using very ambiguous
> language.  SGML is a framework, not a particular markup language.
> DocBook is the particular markup language we are using.  I suspect you
> were thinking of LinuxDoc, which is a rather poor SGML format and on
> its way out: the LinuxDoc project is migrating to DocBook.]

I start to see what is sgml th last few days, so I have not a great idea
about this... I see some programs, some documentation and nothing else.
I will begin to study it as soon as I need it.

In any case thanks for the explanation.

bye

Gianluca

P.S. Just a question: there is a http mirror where I can find and download
Gnome ? I still have the 0.12but It don't work with gtk 0.99.[45].

Thanks.

    Member of the Pluto Linux Users Group
  Avaible e-mail address:
  gm518464@silab.dsi.unimi.it (-) gianluca_montecchi@rcm.inet.it