Documentation format

I have a proposal for the documentation.

Reading the old mail, I see that not everyone agree to give also the man
pages, (that is a must for the debian developers) so speaking with a
debian developer I have a idea: why we don't make the standard for the
documentation of all the gnome project the sgml  format ? In this way
everyone can have the format he need, but there is ony one source format.

Is this a godd idea ? if not, why ?
(I want to understand the limits of sgml...)

Another point is the method to extract the doc formthe code. Using the
xcoral editor I can create a coherent docs for the code that look like
this:

/*
**	Function name : foo
**
**	Description :
**	Input :
**	Output :
*/
foo()
{
  body of the function here
}

We can use this method to extract the documentation from the code.
(perhaps this point is already covered, but I suspect I lose some messages
in the crash of the rack of my server....)

Ok, flame me.

bye

Gianluca

    Member of the Pluto Linux Users Group