Re: mistake of the week

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes:

> The mistake of the week award this week goes to me who fearlessly
> ordered "CORBA Design Patterns", definetly a book you do not want to
> buy.  Add it to your list of "do not get" books.
>
> You do not want to know my low opinions on it.
>
> Miguel.

For those looking for literature on CORBA, I can recommend 'Instant
CORBA' (published by the OMG guys, I think). Good overview of what
everything is and does, without bogging down in distributed object
jargon.

--

 Joel Squire <squire@colorado.edu>	CCAR Systems Administrator
 Ph (303) 492-1308 FAX (303) 492-2825 	University of Colorado, Boulder