Re: Installation problems

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > The first thing I tried was 'cvs -z9 checkout gnome' according to the
> > instructions on the "getting started" www page. Basicly, running configure
> > in it made it complain that the sources were missing (which they were when
> > I looked for them).
>
> Ok, you stopped reading too early on the web page.  A couple of
> letters after that it says that you have to pick up a module name.
> Yes, the wording should be fixed on the web page.
>
> You need to install the imlib module, and the gnome-libs module at
> least.  Then you can go and pick up any of the other modules.

You stopped reading my email to early :)

I figured that part out, just felt I should mention it. The problem is
with gnome-guile that doesn't compile, and with slib that I can't figure
out how to install properly.

Most of the email I sent was just to present the view of someone who tried
to install Gnome for the first time.

-Stefan

| Stefan Mars              |Student, Applied physics & Electrical engineering |
| Bjoernkaerrsgatan 15B:30 |Linkoping Institute of Technology                 |
| S-584 36 Linkoping       |                                                  |
| Sweden                   |Email: mars@lysator.liu.se Phone: +46 (0)13175384 |
|         Maintainer of The THX Home Cinema Buyers Guide, located at          |
|               http://www.lysator.liu.se/%7Emars/thxguide.html               |
\--------------------- PGP key available through finger ----------------------/