Re: Installation problems

> The first thing I tried was 'cvs -z9 checkout gnome' according to the
> instructions on the "getting started" www page. Basicly, running configure
> in it made it complain that the sources were missing (which they were when
> I looked for them).

Ok, you stopped reading too early on the web page.  A couple of
letters after that it says that you have to pick up a module name.
Yes, the wording should be fixed on the web page.

You need to install the imlib module, and the gnome-libs module at
least.  Then you can go and pick up any of the other modules.

Miguel.