Re: gtk+ confused?

Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> writes:

> I just did an update of gtk+, make clean, and make install.  I run
> testgdk, click on "reparent", then switch to frame 2, and I get:
>
> set_parent for "GtkLabel": new parent: "NULL", old parent: "GtkVBox", data: 42
> set_parent for "GtkLabel": new parent: "GtkVBox", old parent: "NULL", data: 42
>
> Nothing obviously suspicious in the ChangeLog except for a bunch of
> changes by that Owen Taylor character, who ought to know what he's
> doing, if anyone does.

Well, in this case it was Tim who knew what he was doing, but I
don't think there is a problem here.

 - The output is coming from testgtk, not from the library
 - reparenting consists of unparenting, then setting a new parent.
   (But in a special way so that the GdkWindow is not destroyed)

There is, however, a problem with the fact things aren't getting
resized when the label is added to the new parent.

> Are the gimp folks using the same CVS tree as us, or is Shawn keeping
> them in sync?

Are you having other problems than this output from testgtk?

                                        Owen