Re: GnomePixmap vs. the old gnome_create_* functionality

Quartic> I am thinking that all the Gnome widgets should be put into
Quartic> the .defs file for the guile-gnome part...

I looked at this the other night, when I wrote gnome.defs.

The problem is that many Gnome widgets use capabilities that can't be
expressed in the .defs file.  For instance neither arrays of strings
nor GLists can be handled.

Too bad the gtk.defs/gen-typeinfo rewrite disappeared.  Maybe I'll
look it at some point; I don't know (right now I'm looking at
command-line argument parsing).  If somebody wants to volunteer, that
would be great.

It might be possible to add the missing features without a huge
rewrite.  I haven't investigated that, either.

Tom