Re: IDE, IDL feedback needed.

Jeff Dubrule <igor@pobox.com> writes:

> CVS, CVS, CVS...  It's a bit obscure and magical at times, but it is
> really cool.

Well, of course.  I was thinking of a GUI.  I'm not entirely sure what
I want from a GUI, but it ought to be able to show me branches and
things in a convenient way.  And probably interact closely with XEmacs
to show differences.  Maybe other things too; I'm not really sure.

CVS has flaws: branches can be expensive to create, as can tagging a
large module.  PRCS looks like it'll be good, fairly soon.  Its
(forthcoming) binary support, and quite cheap branching look
attractive.  xdelta is long overdue, IMHO.