Re: Which Gnome IRC client?

On 23 Jun 1998, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I've basically never used IRC before, and I'm looking for an IRC
> client to use.  I'd prefer to use a Gnome client.  Does anybody know
> the status of the various clients?  Does girc work?  What about
> bezerk?  Or the other 3 or 4 that I heard about but forgot?

On those few occasions I've needed an IRC client, I use ircII.  This is
completely text-based, very fast, with not much memory footprint.  It also
has a very complete help system (just type /help from inside the client).

If you really want to be running a GNOME application for irc, I would
suggest running it in a gnome-terminal :-).

-Gleef