Re: Panel and --display

On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 at 12:04:30PM -0500, robert havoc pennington wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Christian Greissing wrote:
> >
> > I have  a multihead environment and start gnomeße-session with 2 panels
> > one for each screen ( panel --display :0.0 and panel --display :0.1 )
> > but starting apps from panel on :0.1 starts the apps on display :0.0 !!!!!
> >

> The panel starts apps without any options, usually, so the started apps
> are probably using the DISPLAY environment variable. You might try
> setting DISPLAY to :0.1 after starting the first panel and before
> starting the second, then setting it back if appropriate.

Ok, but thats no good idea, cause i want to start the panel from gnome-session and
so the only why to bring it to :0.1 is the --display option !!
so maybe the panel should set the environment or path the option !
Setting the environment is much better cause some apps don't understand a
-display or --display option!

Manitu

--
     __      Christian Greissing