Re: Panel and --display

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Christian Greissing wrote:

> I have  a multihead environment and start gnomeße-session with 2 panels
> one for each screen ( panel --display :0.0 and panel --display :0.1 )
> but starting apps from panel on :0.1 starts the apps on display :0.0 !!!!!

The panel starts apps without any options, usually, so the started apps
are probably using the DISPLAY environment variable. You might try
setting DISPLAY to :0.1 after starting the first panel and before
starting the second, then setting it back if appropriate.

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp