Re: How about maildir support?

> > All I was commenting on was the statement that it is unfortunate
> > that Red Hat Software ship sendmail (instead of, obviously, Qmail).
>
> My understanding is that QMail license does not allow modification,
> and thus Red Hat wont be able to fix any bugs or provide security
> fixes without breaking the license.

That's *exactly* the problem.  If Dan Bernstein gets hit by a bus
(God forbid) we'd be stuck with software no one could use under
his current license (that is, unless his estate had the sense to
do something with it).  Heck, if he went on vacation without
connectivity and a security hole were found, we can't fix it.

His license is simply unacceptable in the free software world.

--Donnie

--
 Donnie Barnes    http://www.redhat.com/~djb    djb@redhat.com   "Bah."
   Challenge Diversity.  Ignore People.  Live Life.  Use Linux.  879.