Re: Gnome and WM

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, kluster wrote:

> How can I use windowmaker and gnome?  I have tried adding this to my
> ..xinitrc (which consisted only of exec wmaker):

[SNIP]

> I installed gnome from the RH5.1 CD.. and use wmaker 0.15.1...  The
> installation file for gnome says to add these lines to the .xinitrc

[SNIP]

Here's my .xinitrc:

#----------------
# WindowMaker Default xinitrc
# map the <BackSpace> key to the [BackSpace] keysym.
#         <Delete> key to the [Delete] keysym.
#         <KP_Enter> to [Return] keysym.
xmodmap -e "keycode 22 = BackSpace"
xmodmap -e "keycode 107 = Delete"
xmodmap -e "keycode 108 = Return"
panel &
# background-properties --init &
keyboard-properties --init &
mouse-properties --init &
wmaker

I have RH 5.1 plus WM 15.1 and GNOME 0.20. I compiled WM and installed the
GNOME RPM's. It works ok with me. Th background-properties is disable
because I want WM to manage the background colour instead og GNOME.

Good Luck

--
Ricardo Ferreira - ricfer@usa.net
http://usererror.ml.org/~rcf/

Linux: Porque os reboots fazem-se para instalar novo hardware