Re: Where is gnome-canvas?!

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Eckehard Berns wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 1998 at 02:05:50AM -0400, Gleef wrote:
> > So I decided to upgrade.  When Jim Pick's snapshots came back up, they
> > were the only world-readable daily snapshot of the CVS directory.
> > Unfortunately, his gnome-libs snapshot was missing the 'macros' and 'intl'
> > directories.  The program obviously wouldn't configure without the macros
> > directory, and when I fudged one together, it wouldn't compile without the
> > intl directory.  It was a shame, because examining the code, my problem
> > with gnome-canvas was fixed in the snapshot.
>
> You should get the gnome-common SNAP from jim's ftp site. The missing
> directories intl, macros and support are in that file. Maybe you just need to
> do symbolic links, otherwise you should just copy the directories to all the
> modules.

Thanks, after a little tweaking in the intl directory, that worked well.
It looks like I'll have to upgrade gtk+ as well, and I'm have a problem
with the autogen.sh script there, but I'll post it to the list.

> The fact that those directories are missing from the other tarballs is that
> these files are symbolic links (with some extra CVS module definitions) in the
> CVS and it would just blow the tarballs when including them in all modules.
>
> Hope this helps.

It did, and I must say you were the only one to reply with anything useful
to either of my posts of questions.

Thank you very much,
-Gleef