Re: panel, old_cfg, and libgtk

Sorry about sending that previous unclear message.  I have the feeling
that my question was answered before on this list, but I've been gone
for a week or so and haven't had the chance to go back through it all.
 If it has been answered, could someone point me to the name of the
thread it was answered in?

Otherwise, more information:  I'm running a RH 5.0 system, and I've
installed all of the .20 rpms along with all of the "jpeg fixes" for
RH 5.1.  I did install some earlier versions of gnome, both with
tarballs and rpms.  Could this be a problem?

---Colin Walters <levanti@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I get this error upon starting gnome:
>
> [levanti@crucifix levanti]$ gnome-session
> SESSION_MANAGER=local/crucifix:/tmp/.ICE-unix/1824,tcp/crucifix:10570
> gmcconnected
> /panel/
> debug: need old_cfg here
>: error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/lib/libgtk.so.1: undefined symbol: g_strdelimit
>
> ** ERROR **: sigsegv caught
>
> ** ERROR **: sigint caught
>
> So I tried doing panel:
>
> [levanti@crucifix levanti]$ panel &
> [1] 1822
> [levanti@crucifix levanti]$ debug: need old_cfg here
> // Hit Ctrl-C
> [1]+  Segmentation fault      panel
> ==
> levanti
> levanti@geocities.com
>
> "Intertwingularity is not generally acknowledged;
> People keep pretending they can make things deeply hierarchical,
> categorizable and sequential when they can't. Everything is
> deeply intertwingled.''

==