Re: Some questions on the GNOME 0.20 release

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Marc Ewing wrote:
> It sounds to me like you are mostly asking about RPMs.

No, I was asking:
  1) Why the big number jump?
  2) Where should I be looking for up-to-date GNOME information, since
     often major things are done with no information sent to this list
  3) What are the details regarding the new structure to the FTP site
The fact that I refer to the RPMS is because their removal was one of the
major things that was done with no information sent to the list.

> GNOME 0.20 is actually released, there just are no RPMs available.  The
> ones that were on the FTP site were "accidentally" released through some
> mis-communication.  There are a number of issues surrounding the
> release of good 0.20 RPMs on Red Hat 5.1 (at least), involving some
> errata items and other stuff that we are trying to get all synced
> up at once.  We hope to have 0.20 RPMs, as well as all the relevant
> errata RPMs and support RPMs available in the next day or two.

Understandable, the switch from RedHat 5.0 to RedHat 5.1 came very close
to the switch from 0.13 to 0.20.  I would have been surprised if there
weren't problems with the RPMs.

> Sorry about the mix up there - when we have everything ready we will
> post an announcement with Red Hat 5.1 installation instructions that
> should make everything clear.

Sounds good.  Thanks for the reply.

-Gleef