Re: XML and GNOME community

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998 Daniel.Veillard@w3.org wrote:

>   As a set of API to load/display/modify generic XML documents. This will
> allow easy exchange of documents.

Could you recommend a direction for GNOME to start in for using XML as the
format for saving & loading documents?

gnome_config has been over-abused for general data storage purposes. IMHO
if your earlier offer of implementation help still stands, XML might be
the ideal general purpose "database" type of thing for apps. I know that
gmailman would be far better off using something other than gnome_config
to store the lists that a person is subscribed to...

-- Elliot
When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...
	...not yelling and screaming like the people in the back of the
	   plane he was flying.